MDB shoe start rules....

Hi All,

Just wondering if there was a general consensus made as to what the new shoe start rule is?

I know we were using S1 at Hand 2 or so but that seems to be a bit presumptuous since you do not know what the shoe is going to do and can sometimes get you dug into a -3 or deeper situation right out of the gate.

Regards,

Glenn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration...do your homework" Thomas A. Edison

• Baccarat Hall of Fame Member

We found last week that starting on play 4 using the system defined by the SAP count worked the best.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.  Figure out a way to win at baccarat that fits your lifestyle, you don't have to eat fish anymore!

Thanks Mike!

So to be clear, after the first 4 hands below you would start betting:

for PBPB = S12

for PPBB = S23

for PPPB and BPPP = S23

for PPPP = S4

Am I close?

Regards,

Glenn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration...do your homework" Thomas A. Edison

Thanks Mike!

So to be clear, after the first 4 hands below you would start betting:

for PBPB = S12

for PPBB = S23

for PPPB and BPPP = S23

for PPPP = S4

Am I close?

Well, for PBPB I'm thinking S4 at least to start. Both S1 and S4 love 1's but S4 bets less and gets on long ST runs sooner. They both bet the same (S1 and S4) starting out. Then we see what 2s are doing to decide the issue.

Well, for PBPB I'm thinking S4 at least to start. Both S1 and S4 love 1's but S4 bets less and gets on long ST runs sooner. They both bet the same (S1 and S4) starting out. Then we see what 2s are doing to decide the issue.

That wouldn't be following the MDB rules as posted. That shoe start would have 1's as the highest SAP count so the system to play is S1 per the rules. I think the consensus from the last MDB seminar was that we should strictly follow the rules as posted. At least that's what I've been told. On that note, I think we need a rule on when to start playing in a new shoe, since I think starting at play 2 has been deemed not the best idea.

• 4 months later...

Initially i don't quite understand why Ellis recommend S4 for PBPB. Now after going through some thinking, i think i might get why Ellis say so.

Just to share my thought here (all comment are welcome): We start S4 for PBPB, once we see the first confirmed 2s or 3s, we can switch to normal S1 (if 1s is still the highest). This way it reduce the loss caused by 3s and 4s although it get less profit for the first 2s, play this way it is of much less risk.

Regards,

Kevin