MDB+ The Ed Gil Example

Ellis,

What about playing at a $15 touch table, flat betting every hand the min amount using TB4L while watching for 2-2's then when an MDB+ play sets up switch to your $100 unit 1-2-4 prog (if needed)?

Seems like a rational way to go if you're the only one at the table since you're only using the min flat betting to keep you "in the game" so they'll deal. Of the 10 or so shoes I've played the flat betting seems to hover around a net of $0 or a slight loss or win, but you're only using that to continue playing.

Glenn

btw - I've noticed very little difference in patterns between the touch and no-touch tables at Parx. At a glance, it seems the wins / losses are about the same. The most frequent killer being multiple 2's before a 1 or 3.

Well, don't forget that we have players at all different levels of learning playing at different stakes.

And don't forget I'm only recommending net betting when no NOR options look good.

way2fast is an excellent MDB+ player and plays for high stakes. In that situation they will usually deal the cards no matter how seldom he bets.

Plus, way2fast has figured out a few additional MDB+ bets and so has Art - both using the same MDB+ mathematics.

We will soon add these bets to the official MDB+ rules.

Art had no problem playing solely MDB+ all day Sunday at a $25 no touch table because there were always at least 3 other players in the game. He won every shoe all day long except the last shoe he played late Sunday afternoon. But Art was playing a $100 unit.

BUT at low stakes tables they might not deal to a low stakes MDB+ player because he doesn't bet enough.

Therefore a low stakes MDB+ player may occassionally need a supplement system that plays most every hand.

His FIRST choice should be a NOR system like OTB4L, TB4L, or S40.

I certainly wished I had also played TB4L in the second shoe Saturday. There were no 2s in the entire shoe making it horrible for MDB+ but excellent for TB4L.

But then Art won a trip total of 17 out of 20 playing strictly MDB+. That is very, very good but it could have been even better if Art had some supplememt systems up his sleve.

What makes a shoe good for MDB+ (randomness) also makes it good for net betting PvB as long as the player knows when to play a 12345 prog (chop) vs when to skip bet (streak).

That is the only reason I mention net betting.

Well and one other reason. For players playing preshuffled cards who are not yet competent with MDB+.

Katchaz demonstrated that proficient net betting also does well with preshuffled cards. Fine, as long as you are a proficient net bettor. But MDB+ is just as easy to learn.

Oh, and for one other player type. Some players simply don't have the patience for MDB+ - sitting there and not betting. Those guys would probably be better off net betting when playing preshuffled cards as long as they are proficient net bettors.

Regards,

Glenn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration...do your homework" Thomas A. Edison

• 2 weeks later...

posted in error

Ha, that of course is the million dollar question with net betting.

But I'll show you my favorite way of net betting that has made me a LOT of money.

It is called The Skip System and it makes runs your friend. I'm showing you the 36 version which means you skip after a losing 3 or 6 entry. Then that side waits for a 2iar to resume. This way you make big money on the common sporadic 1's and just about everything else that can happen.

Both sides bet U1D2M2

M2 means mandatory 2. You ALWAYS enter a 2 after the 1 regardless whether the 1 wins or loses.

It is a 4 Hi system so if you should ever get to a 6 entry (very rare) you oppose it with a 2.

Your goal is +20.

I played the same shoe except I added a 6iar near the bottom so you could see how it handles runs.

Note that we make money on every run in the shoe except we broke even on the 4. We also killed the Sporadic 1's.

The longer a run is the more we win. We also kill ZZ and TT runs. And we also kill garbage.

It is perfect to go with MDB+ because it bets nearly every hand from play 3.

It also handles pretty big disparity. Note that we have 21 Players vs only 16 Banks.

Also note that we are at +12 and only half way through a full shoe.

Also note that our score never went negative!

[ATTACH]3077[/ATTACH]

OK so how did I arrive at my score?

You subtract the low entry from the high entry and only bet the difference always on the side of the higher entry.

Tied entries - you have no bet that play.

Edited by newbacplayer
made error

Ellis,

What about playing at a $15 touch table, flat betting every hand the min amount using TB4L while watching for 2-2's then when an MDB+ play sets up switch to your $100 unit 1-2-4 prog (if needed)?

Seems like a rational way to go if you're the only one at the table since you're only using the min flat betting to keep you "in the game" so they'll deal. Of the 10 or so shoes I've played the flat betting seems to hover around a net of $0 or a slight loss or win, but you're only using that to continue playing.

Glenn

btw - I've noticed very little difference in patterns between the touch and no-touch tables at Parx. At a glance, it seems the wins / losses are about the same. The most frequent killer being multiple 2's before a 1 or 3.

Seems like a very solid way of playing to me. How's it been going?