What are the top two or three go to systems when playing?

Every year there always seems to be another new system. Another new betting method. What seems to be the top two or three systems that work? And with what betting methods? I already understand about only playing a certain number of hands. When to get out when you're up and went to get out when you're down. Maybe some of the pros can answer this for me? highly curious. too many systems.. lol..

• Users
3 hours ago, kino said:

Every year there always seems to be another new system. Another new betting method. What seems to be the top two or three systems that work? And with what betting methods? I already understand about only playing a certain number of hands. When to get out when you're up and went to get out when you're down. Maybe some of the pros can answer this for me? highly curious. too many systems.. lol..

Kino, there really is no best system. You must know all the systems and determine "when" to use each. Like a plumber who takes all his tools to the job site but only uses the ones he needs to do the job at hand.

In addition to knowing all the systems, you must also be proficient in each. So just knowing them is not enough. At best you will just break even if you are not proficient in each.

I would say the ones used most are S40,OTB4L and TB4L, in addition you should know RD1, net betting, and repeats. 

You should also know all your progressions and the break down of the math behind each progression and what the risk to reward ratios are. The most common progressions are 2,3,4  3,4,5,  1,2 loop, 112, 123, and flat betting. I think I'm giving you more information than you asked for but that is really what it's all about. Lastly, you don't need to play every hand. Carefully choose your best sequences and only play those.

CT70

• Like 2

• Users

There are multiple methods in the forum that will give you about a 75-80% win rate on a consistent basis.  There are many ways to skin a cat (Sorry cat lovers).   You should try to see what fits your eye and play it.  But don't think that you are just going to learn a system and pick up the pot of gold over that rainbow, you have to work.  I feel I am an accomplished player and right now as we speak, my wife is yelling at me to clean up all the used score cards that are all over the table.  I practice every day and so should every member of this forum.  The biggest key IMO is that you have to distinguish yourself either as a recreational player or a professional player (One that plays for a living).  Coming to grips on what type of player you are will help you in your win goals.  I am just starting to play as a profession so I don't look at daily results.  I use monthly results to determine if I met my goals or not.  Since I have been doing that, in practice and in live shoes I have not even come close to having a losing month.  In my 24 shoe cycle I average about 5 losing shoes, sometimes more than 5 sometimes less.  The one advantage that everyone in this forum has is the ability to wrap your hands around a wealth of information.   

• Like 1

thanks guys! and i do know the systems well and  have also discovered my gotos Which are usually otb4l tbl & s40. And I have patience so I don't mind sitting out hands if I have to and i have If I feel like this system is fixing to change according to sap.  I pride myself on discipline which I Believe determines if you're going to be a winner or loser in this. Of course I'm still learning! Love the forums! thanks again! :)

13 hours ago, McVince said:

There are modultiple methods in the forum that will give you about a 75-80% win rate on a consistent basis.  There are many ways to skin a cat (Sorry cat lovers).   You should try to see what fits your eye and play it.  But don't think that you are just going to learn a system and pick up the pot of gold over that rainbow, you have to work.  I feel I am an accomplished player and right now as we speak, my wife is yelling at me to clean up all the used score cards that are all over the table.  I practice every day and so should every member of this forum.  The biggest key IMO is that you have to distinguish yourself either as a recreational player or a professional player (One that plays for a living).  Coming to grips on what type of player you are will help you in your win goals.  I am just starting to play as a profession so I don't look at daily results.  I use monthly results to determine if I met my goals or not.  Since I have been doing that, in practice and in live shoes I have not even come close to having a losing month.  In my 24 shoe cycle I average about 5 losing shoes, sometimes more than 5 sometimes less.  The one advantage that everyone in this forum has is the ability to wrap your hands around a wealth of information.   

Hi mcVince

Is this based on your vinsap methOd?

• Users
10 hours ago, zeckam said:

Hi mcVince

Is this based on your vinsap methOd?

Yes,  in addition to MDB, 5D, RD1 and certain parts of NOR.  Like I said, everyone needs to research everything that is out there in the forum and play what fits their eye.  Some of the methods that I mentioned are not for me.  That isn't to say that they are not great systems but some of them don't fit my eye.  As opposed to other forums where you are ostracized for trying to alter a method to make it better, this forum encourages creativity from it's members.   

I am a Certified Public Manager (CPM).  I attended a course that taught me how to manage within the public sector.  In this course, they covered multiple management theories and personalities.  There are two management styles that I am going to explain that will validate my last paragraph. 

#1 Autocratic Management

Autocratic Leadership will always remind you of the hierarchy.  In our community, the leader will tell you that he/she is the only person qualified to create a system and all the minions are not good enough to alter a theory.  The leader will consider you a threat to the hierarchy and take some sort of action (Like banish you to the depths of Baccarat Hell). 

#2 Participative Leadership

The leader (Or Method Developer) knows that multiple heads are better than one.  The Method developer provides all of the information to the group and welcomes unbiased opinions and accepts change to the method for the greater good of the method and group.  Participative Leadership wants input from all of the group because a task (Or Method) will flourish when everyone in the group has a vested interested in the results, they have more stake in the game and can take partial credit for it's success or partial blame in it's demise. 

BTC subscribes to theory #2 that ENCOURAGES participation from all of it's members because it is that way where everyone will learn the most.  You are doing yourselves a disservice if you don't participate. 

I for one put my method on the forum.  This method was welcomed by all and adopted by some.  Two or three members really took to the theory and made it their own and is enjoying success playing it.  One member is using the method in it's original form and doing very well.  One of BTC's top players is using it with minor alterations and is killing it on the tables.  Nothing in this game makes me feel better than knowing that guys are using my method to play this game.  More importantly, if I didn't expose my method to everyone and welcome Participation Leadership I would have not seen the true potential of it's versatility. 

Sorry, I digress. 

• Baccarat Hall of Fame Member
3 hours ago, McVince said:

Yes,  in addition to MDB, 5D, RD1 and certain parts of NOR.  Like I said, everyone needs to research everything that is out there in the forum and play what fits their eye.  Some of the methods that I mentioned are not for me.  That isn't to say that they are not great systems but some of them don't fit my eye.  As opposed to other forums where you are ostracized for trying to alter a method to make it better, this forum encourages creativity from it's members.   

I am a Certified Public Manager (CPM).  I attended a course that taught me how to manage within the public sector.  In this course, they covered multiple management theories and personalities.  There are two management styles that I am going to explain that will validate my last paragraph. 

#1 Autocratic Management

Autocratic Leadership will always remind you of the hierarchy.  In our community, the leader will tell you that he/she is the only person qualified to create a system and all the minions are not good enough to alter a theory.  The leader will consider you a threat to the hierarchy and take some sort of action (Like banish you to the depths of Baccarat Hell). 

#2 Participative Leadership

The leader (Or Method Developer) knows that multiple heads are better than one.  The Method developer provides all of the information to the group and welcomes unbiased opinions and accepts change to the method for the greater good of the method and group.  Participative Leadership wants input from all of the group because a task (Or Method) will flourish when everyone in the group has a vested interested in the results, they have more stake in the game and can take partial credit for it's success or partial blame in it's demise. 

BTC subscribes to theory #2 that ENCOURAGES participation from all of it's members because it is that way where everyone will learn the most.  You are doing yourselves a disservice if you don't participate. 

I for one put my method on the forum.  This method was welcomed by all and adopted by some.  Two or three members really took to the theory and made it their own and is enjoying success playing it.  One member is using the method in it's original form and doing very well.  One of BTC's top players is using it with minor alterations and is killing it on the tables.  Nothing in this game makes me feel better than knowing that guys are using my method to play this game.  More importantly, if I didn't expose my method to everyone and welcome Participation Leadership I would have not seen the true potential of it's versatility. 

Sorry, I digress. 

With S40 and a good OTBL+ strategy ( with the modes) and all inked, and a real ABC understanding to VIN-SAP before you begin play in Shreveport, right there written out in front of you, thinking you will be happy with the results

Just batten-down the hatches on your bankroll, so you can survive the " sea-sickness" any approach can /will provide.