avion    265
avion

Early this morning (sunday 7/23/17) a new champion won the WSOP.  A "rookie" from New Jersey.  He shared a couple of comments that seem to be applicable here.

1.  He mentions that he plays online a lot, stating that "it is hard for any live pro to see even close to the amount of hands I've probably seen in the last two years".  He plays in New Jersey where online is legal.  Practical application...we are fortunate to have readily available to us...hundreds and even thousands of shoes on stats for profit, and this article changed my viewpoint of playing online....where due to mistakes by dealers and the hassles of them I had sworn online off.  I have changed my viewpoint to playing online......for practice ONLY.  Still....it is much easier and quicker to obtain practice shoes and hands through stats for profit.  

2.  He also stated "The best way to get better at anything is through repetition and practice".  

wolfat    349
wolfat

forgot to mention... the big luck you need to get WSOP champion!

I always remember the unbelievable run of luck of jamie gold, wsop champion 2006? maybe...

I never saw something like that but, when the good run ended, back to reality...

hard work pays in the long term but in this kind of events you need a big luck on your side, otherwise everytime would win

phil ivey, negreanu, hellmuth, durr, etc...

• Like 1

avion    265
avion

yes, I totally agree, in that type of game.....luck, circumstances, etc.....can play a huge role in it.