The F2 and F3 thing again

• Baccarat Hall of Fame Member

Hey MVS, agreed!

Ellis' response also gave me a clear understanding of NET BETTING...anybody reading his post ( and PJ's posting of the plays) will find it very simple and easy to follow...great risk/reward ratio , especially when you want to just cruise through a shoe with low PLAYER/BANKER disparity....

Sometimes you can read something over and over, before FINALLY YOU GET IT!

It's easy to get enamored by the F - series and it does work very well if it is deployed properly. It will battle through stuff when RD1 and other systems are stalling out but in general look for high diparity...lone ones mixed in with other trash and it does just fine.

I've been blinded by the light a couple of times when I was focusing on f2-3 deployment and forgot to see the less risky OTB4L staring me in the face. I think Ellis made that point in this thread or somewhere. I think that needs to be reemphasized because as a shoe begins to balance out and become more OTB4L/SKOR favorble you would be playing to a higher risk at those times versus just switching to OTB4L.

I was over at Bph for a few shoes today and was struggling a bit so looked through all the tables there and all the shoes were putting out about the same. I looked more carefully and saw all my shoes were basically 3's and 4 opposites (counted correctly) and a mixture of other short stuff. Got a little frustrated and just started mindlessly playing System/zero and it went through most stuff without a care in the world and I just picked off some of those units... the low hanging fruit ones. If the shoe started putting out the 2's I used Otb4L as a filler or visa-versa and picked up easy units in those sections of the shoe. I fought those suckers for a couple hours before it dawned on me that all I was seeing was zero type shoes...DUH.

F2 and F3 is pretty nifty when its working though!!!

Edited by TomM

I am very confused about F2 and F3 now. The more I play it the more confused I get. I am having trouble with Maverick's system because I do not have a soild understand of F2 and F3. Whenever I play F2/F3 I feel like I am playing RD1 for some reason. Is there anybody who can explain F2/F3 to me in simple terms? I feel like I am close to getting it but something is missing.

when I play F2. I either go to the side that had the last two in a row or the side that has the higher disparity.

So if i jump on the P side then the next two decisions are B, should I go back to the B side to follow the 2 (and stay there for min of 3)?

Ex: PBB Do I follow B now? for 3 decisions?

While playing F3: I chose to go into f3 for the same reason as F2. Usually I go with disparity unless there was a recent 3 in a row. If I am playing F3 and I jump on the player side and win 2 bets and lose the next 3 do I go over to the bank side?

Ex: PPP BBB Now do I switch to follow 3? what is the difference between this and RD1?

John, Mark et al, RD1 and F2 and F3 are ALL streak systems. You might add a chop system to your

options like system 40. Sys 40 loves high 1's and 2s. System 40 bets opposites until you get a 3 in a

row. So it beats ALL 1's and 2's. Then when you get a 3, that might be a good signal to go to F3.

What do you think?

Here is a reply I wrote to the question that Ellis posed on Marks Maverick thread but by the time I got back online Mark posted his three shoes and an explanation of his system so I think being that this is focused on F-series betting I will just put it here for now. I don't think it is going to answer any specific questions just my overview of messing around with it for the last couple of weeks. As Below:

Ellis,

Getting a few more units out of the shoe awaiting the F3 signal makes good sense to me. I think if the 1’s were running long and strong I might attempt to play against the 3 and bet for the over and under ZZ’s to continue in some shoes. I guess it would just depend on the make up of the shoe up till then. If it was in the 1st column I guess it wouldn‘t make much difference how you played the 3 in a row. I think it is a good idea to use ladder betting on the ZZ’s if the 1’s are going long enough to support it. The nice thing about betting straight down on shorter ZZ’s is the prospect that the run will end on the side you are betting down on.. Strong sided shoes with lots of 1‘s and particularly solitary 1‘s are best played with F-series while avoiding the RD1 lone 1‘s problem. When the f-series is working well it takes almost all the decisions away. It seems as if all you have to do is set it up and then get out of the way. Once its on a roll all you have to do is decide if you want to up the stakes at some point.

Some shoes are just so bizarre that it seems the more you think it out the deeper you go in. Just better to deploy F-series and watch for a game change. It is one of the few systems that seems to beg to be played more aggressively when it is easily working. Also at times I blew through where I should have switched to the other side…sometimes helped me sometimes hurt so my results aren’t pristine. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 months later...
Guest 400pounddaddy
I've always played like res, that is, once you switch sides you allow 3 consecutive losses. BUT the rule says allow 3 plays. There's a big difference.

The example below assumes that we were playing F2 on the Banker side, and have just encountered a 2 on the other side (the first 2 plays) and switched to Player side.

Ignore the hand numbers, this could be the middle of a shoe or where ever.

Ellis? What's the verdict?

PJ

So what was the verdict? Anyone?

Edited by 400pounddaddy

So what was the verdict? Anyone?

Daddy,

The graphic on the right is the correct one. Notice hands 45-50 which are played correctly as is the rest of that example.

Hands 56, 57, 58 meet the requirements of playing 3 times after a switch also.

The graphic on the right side is correctly played all the way down.

MVS (standing by for incoming corrections!!)

PS Sent from a McDonald's in Naples, Florida! (What a baccarat degenerate)

Edited by MVSeahog
McDonald's note.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Users

First scorecard post

Purpose of this post - Understand the F2 component

Ultimate goal is to understand and successfully implement the Maverick Method. Before I can develop a business plan for this playing method, I am developing an educational plan first.

My rough outline for starting this process is as follows:

Understand and practice -

F2 and F3

RD and RD Hybrid

SAP Chart

Wagering method U1D2 M2

The Shorthand for this shoe is

P1221211244

B2121211352

P113131131221

B121231

70 Hand shoe – ties not shown on scorecard

Rules for F2 Taken from “F2 F3 Thing Again†Post #2 3 11 2010

Wagering for this shoe will be the 1121234 negative progression

Notes

Hand #5 is the first bet. I waited until I knew I had a real 2 – PBBP is first 4 hands and on the forth hand I assumed that confirms the 2???

New 2 started after B occurs on hand 6

When P occurs on hand 13, I now have a new 2 to follow

NOTE – What I am trying to determine with the above notes is; do I have the correct understanding of when a 2 occurs. Or, when does two in a row become a two that is wagered on?

NOTE- ALSO, Once a two is established how many hands do you continue to follow the 2. Notice on my scorecard that at hand 29 with the P result that the previous BB becomes a 2 and another 2 does not occur until hand 58. Was it correct to continue wagering from hand 30 to 59 based on the 2 that was established at hand 29?

This is my first posted scorecard and expect many errors and misunderstandings on my part. All comments are welcome. Thanks again to MVS for his help!!!!!

post-2617-14500261332096_thumb.jpg

First scorecard post

Art,

(I moved this here into the F2 section for discussion as this is strictly an F2 play here in testing for now.)

With that said, let's take a look at that shoe.

IF anything, the shoe probably should have started at hand 6 on Player (after a win of 2) or at hand 7 after a win on that side.

The two losses at hands 11,12 signal a switch to Bank for 13 but you continued on as if playing F3.

I don't understand the switch at hand 14. If hand 13 won, you continue on down the sheet on player.

The same with hands 14 and 15 which both lost, so you move to Player for the next three hands, which you didn't do.

At hand 33, running F2, a switch was called for to Player. It would have put you back on Bank at hand 36 but F2 called for a change at 33.

The same at hand 41. Hands 39 and 40 lost, switch on 41 to Player.

Can you explain the switch at hand 61?

And to finish it off, hand 69 calls for a change to Bank.

F2 Super Simple instruction...... If it's winning, stay on that side. If it loses two in a row, switch to the other side.

The only thing added is to make three wagers ONLY after the first switch.

Let's get the F2 play nailed down and we'll move on from there.

MVS

Edited by MVSeahog

• Users
not quite

When you change sides, IF you IMMEDIATELY LOSE the very next two bets in-a-row, ONLY THEN do you stay on that side for one more bet only. This 3rd bet rule protects you from the terrible two's ( TT's) As long as you understand the "WHY" for staying for this third bet, it will be easy for you to determine when to switch.

Correct, Mark has a good understanding of this. Sometimes I apply a little Kentucky windage to this and note whether I'm seeing TTs in the shoe or not. But just because you haven't seen any yet doesn't mean you won't.

Also, when a shoe is VERY strong sided I often return to the strong side after ONE loss on the weak side under that lonely 2 in a row. That option tends to work quite well but only in VERY strong sided shoes.

Tricks of the trade.

• Users

Mark

I view this as an exercise ONLY. The results do not matter to me at this time and stage in my development; trying to focus on accuracy of the component I am practicing and following my educational plan.

I will review where I went wrong

Thanks again for your help

Max

Play 33 should be player

Play 38 banker

Other than that you are right on

By the way, don't worry about your score for this for now. This is only 1/2 of Maverick so you would be out of F2 when it is weak. You would be playing RD-Hybrid. Don't worry about swtiching for now. Just get F2 down plat first. I just wanted you to be aware of it so you don't get the wrong idea.