example of net betting on Opposites vs Repeats

I played your shoe and the result was +12 units by hand 50, where I normally exit the shoe and a +20 gross units by hand 70 end of shoe.

I was never down any units in this shoe and my highest bet was only 3 units one time in a positive progression. All other bets were mostly 1 unit with some 2 unit bets to achieve this winning result. A very good shoe for net betting. The net betting method placed my bets well giving me a very high win percentage.

Hi Casno,

Thanks for trying the shoe. But, if you don’t mind, can you post the scorecard so I can follow what you were doing.

By the way, are you using PvB or OvR or OTvT?

Appreciate for your efforts.

Jim:

I see what you are doing...the way I play is basically how you are doing it on the right! I don't actually follow opposites or repeats anymore. I just follow the winner with a 1 unit bet and place a 2 on the other side. You started the shoe as I do, a more conservative style by just betting 1 unit after the last winning side. As the game progresses I bet a 2 unit bet when ever I win the 1 unit bet and sometimes go to a 3 unit bet if I win the 2 unit bet. If I get a 3 in a row win on one side, I stop betting on the losing side until that side comes back. I continue on the winning side with a 1 unit bet, or sometimes a 1 - 2 unit bet if the shoe is getting good run patterns. So in your case above, you would be up 1 unit by the 5th hand, but continue and you will see that most of the time the method will start producing many units, keeping you bets 3 units and below. On a good FTL shoe, I have even gone to a positive 4 unit bet on one side; this after I was up at least 9 units or more.

As you get into the shoe playing as you did above, then start to play a 2 unit bet when ever you win the 1 unit bet. As you get the feel of it, I will have to play a sample shoe for you, because when I see two chops, I tend to always go back to conservative play and play 1 unit after the last win to catch a chop pattern, otherwise you can get into some trouble betting against the chop. It takes a few games to really see how well this simple method can work for you...trust me, It was a wonder to behold as I discovered this. I tried to break down what the net bet was doing, but I could not produce the same results without the net-betting way! Play at least 25 hands and see what you can do and I will check your results when I can. If I can find the time, I will set up an example shoe later.

OK finas: Here is my quick shoe play...very simple and to the point. I do no PvB, OvR, or OTvT. Just FTL according to the net bet skim that I have set up here and look what happens! This works well with most shoes, but not all! If you ever lose 10 units, get out and look for another table. I scout tables and play the game in my head to see if the table works with the method before I sit down...that's it in a nutshell. This is very conservative and can be flexible enough to play more progressive or even be played in and out as you play NOR also. Enjoy!

post-931-14500261418915_thumb.jpg

Jim:

I see what you are doing...the way I play is basically how you are doing it on the right! I don't actually follow opposites or repeats anymore. I just follow the winner with a 1 unit bet and place a 2 on the other side. You started the shoe as I do, a more conservative style by just betting 1 unit after the last winning side. As the game progresses I bet a 2 unit bet when ever I win the 1 unit bet and sometimes go to a 3 unit bet if I win the 2 unit bet. If I get a 3 in a row win on one side, I stop betting on the losing side until that side comes back. I continue on the winning side with a 1 unit bet, or sometimes a 1 - 2 unit bet if the shoe is getting good run patterns. So in your case above, you would be up 1 unit by the 5th hand, but continue and you will see that most of the time the method will start producing many units, keeping you bets 3 units and below. On a good FTL shoe, I have even gone to a positive 4 unit bet on one side; this after I was up at least 9 units or more.

As you get into the shoe playing as you did above, then start to play a 2 unit bet when ever you win the 1 unit bet. As you get the feel of it, I will have to play a sample shoe for you, because when I see two chops, I tend to always go back to conservative play and play 1 unit after the last win to catch a chop pattern, otherwise you can get into some trouble betting against the chop. It takes a few games to really see how well this simple method can work for you...trust me, It was a wonder to behold as I discovered this. I tried to break down what the net bet was doing, but I could not produce the same results without the net-betting way! Play at least 25 hands and see what you can do and I will check your results when I can. If I can find the time, I will set up an example shoe later.

Ok Casno, Great Explanation! It is a bit different than what Ellis has been talking about but it sounds like it is working great for you! I'll experiment with it after I work on digesting your explanations. Great Job and Thanks for the quick reply to my question!

Jim

Well, except for the up as you win episodes, and the mandatory 2 episodes, it is just a short cut way (for some) of arriving at the same bet. This is fine but I'd like to get everyone doing it the same color code way until we get our switching routine down pat for multiple net betting.Then we can look at short cuts again. But as near as I can tell it is a valid way to correctly arrive at the OvR NB bet just as saying bet Opposite follow Repeats and Repeats follow Opposites is a valid way of correctly playing OTB4L.

Exactly that Ellis, it is just a short cut version as you say. I was just offering another interesting way of approaching OTB4L...still only works in shoes that exploits this condition. Multiple net betting can be a little donning at the least for some, so I agree to your idea of staying with the color code for now so as to keep the confusion to a crawl as you work with everyone. NOR is still the way to go, but this is something I had improvised into the NOR at times.

Exactly that Ellis, it is just a short cut version as you say. I was just offering another interesting way of approaching OTB4L...still only works in shoes that exploits this condition. Multiple net betting can be a little donning at the least for some, so I agree to your idea of staying with the color code for now so as to keep the confusion to a crawl as you work with everyone. NOR is still the way to go, but this is something I had improvised into the NOR at times.

Short cuts are good! Simplicity is good! It is not about how much work you do on your card. It's more about how little work you do to arrive at the right bet. You don't want to exhaust yourself. You need staying power. Anything we can do to reduce the amount of work we do to maintain our system is a step in the right direction.

But we aren't looking at OvR NB as a complete system so much this time as rather a first component of an overall NB approach. I'm thinking once we have the approach firmed up, then we can look at shortcuts.

As you point out so well, OvR cannot, by itself, cover all situations. But "by itself" are the key words. I'm trying to gather the good qualities of several NB systems under one roof.