Advice from the seasoned players/ tie hands | ECD GROUP | January 22, 2014

I know that the manual says don't count tie hands. I have bad feelings about tie hands. Especially if I am OTR. Does anyone not bet after a tie hand to see where the next bet is going to go?

McVince,

For my own play, I just never consider the Tie and "play on" as if it never happened.

Others may treat it differently, but for myself, it's just a "non-event" on my card.

MVS (I do make a notation on the side if a lot of ties start showing up or if only one or two show up, which has happened)

• Users
I know that the manual says don't count tie hands. I have bad feelings about tie hands. Especially if I am OTR. Does anyone not bet after a tie hand to see where the next bet is going to go?

Not at all mate...Get that thought out of your...doesn't make an iota of difference

Hey McVince,

I do not log the ties either.

One thing I do note is when on a run, I note the "strength" of the hands. My play has found that as the strength, meaning how easily the winning run hand beats the other, starts to lessen, I start pulling back from the run. (I am talking about long runs of p or B). Pay attention to how a run may start out with 2 or 3 naturals and then diminish or keep going strong.I don't know if anyone has any data to this effect but it is a pretty consistent guide for me. I have often wondered if the shuffle has something to do with this, like the clumping effect in blackjack.

Also, there is something to be said for the amount of times that you will get like 3-10's on one side, and an ace and 2 tens on the other. Or 6 tens in a hand. I am trying to put my finger on it……….

• Keith Smith changed the title to Advice from the seasoned players/ tie hands | ECD GROUP | January 22, 2014