Card Counting Question

• Users

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased the Zero Prox. and the NBJ materials last week. For the last couple of years I've been a " perfect BS player", and yes I've lost perfectly about 90% of the time!

I've never learned to count cards yet,but that is where my confusion is. The zero prox. manual states while practicing counting down a deck the count should end at zero every time if you are doing it properly. My question is as follows: Would the count still be at zero if all the aces in the deck followed all high cards, or if they all followed low cards? Wouldn't that make the count different? Please advise, thanks for your patience. Remember I'm just a "rookie"!

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased the Zero Prox. and the NBJ materials last week. For the last couple of years I've been a " perfect BS player", and yes I've lost perfectly about 90% of the time!

I've never learned to count cards yet,but that is where my confusion is. The zero prox. manual states while practicing counting down a deck the count should end at zero every time if you are doing it properly. My question is as follows: Would the count still be at zero if all the aces in the deck followed all high cards, or if they all followed low cards? Wouldn't that make the count different? Please advise, thanks for your patience. Remember I'm just a "rookie"!

Well that is an excellent observation for a professional, let alone a rookie. You are right, the aces would make a difference in the advanced form of card counting we teach.

But I also use counting down a deck of cards as an alertness test before play. Here we use standard card counting which ends at 0. As an alertness test before play, we remove a card and then count down the deck. If you can identify the card removed as hi, lo, or neutral correctly within 15 seconds, you are in good shape to play.

Conventional Card Counting as taught by all the card counting gurus on the internet is a complete scam. They can't produve a single year end winner. But we use card counting to identify good 0 prox tables because the lower the count is the more random the cards are the higher your basic strategy hit rate.

But rather than spend a lot of time learning to card count, it is simple to notice if highs are following highs at about the same rate as lows are following highs. Those are the best Basic Strategy tables where BS has the highest hit rate.

Card counters, on the other hand, are taught to play the highest count tables, precisely where BS has its worst hit rate. Then they wonder why they can't win.