Little Help, Please

WEll I am hanging in and i can tell i am learning. but here is a shoe from Zumma that got me a little confused.

Here's the hi-lites:

I start with S40. I made a mistake by betting 2 units after my first 1 bet loss - (dont bet 2 until you win on a 1). I confirm mode 2 at play 5.

I lose on mode 2, and therefore confirm mode 3 at play 8.

I lose on mode 3 and therefore conform mode 2 at play 13

I SKIP OTR at play 16 as its the same B run (learned that from your last post, Ellis, thank you) and it works out. but still Mode 2 RIGHT???

I win on a mode 2 on play 21 confirming mode 2 again

I lose on Mode 2 at play 33 and therefore conform mode 3.

So I lost 3 units playing mode 2 so I bet 1 unit on player and I LOSE. So technically I lost 2 bets 3 units and 1 unit. so I am mode 3 so I should do 2 units on Player, right??

now I was down way past my stop earlier in the shoe. If this was real, I would have quit - but want to clarify all of this and see if I could have done better on the first column.

It's worth noting that at play 26 I was -7 on the O/R count..

Where do you make the decision to go to F from S40??? -5? -7? is there a line in the sand here??

Either way - feel free to TEAR Me apart - no other way to learn, right ? :) :) :)

[ATTACH]2399[/ATTACH]

Well, you are definitely getting better. This was really a terrible S40 shoe. But I understand you are practicing S40. Actually. starting where you started, for whatever reason, with a 1 bet on B at play 2, from there F2 would have hit + 10 in the first col.

OK, I see only 1 mistake but it is a biggy. You confirmed Mode 3 at play 5. Not sure why you bet 1 instead of 3 at play 5 but just being cautious I suppose. Anyway, play 5 confirms Mode 3 so your 3 bet at play 7 is on the wrong side. That is a 6 unit swing! The rules call for a 4 bet at play 14 but I was -3 at that point so I would have also bet only 1.

Now, how would you know to switch systems? The starting 3s. S40 hates 3s because the best it can do on them is break even if you are lucky enough to be in Mode 3. Mode 2 gets killed by 3s.

But both OTB4L and F2 likes 3s. But the best thing to do with a shoe starting with 133117 is get out or try F.

S40 doesn't like 3s

OTB4L doesn't like 1,1s

F2 likes both but this is a tough shoe no matter what you do. Time to find a better table.

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...