Question about new starting rules

• Users

My question is mainly about otb4l but also pertains to s40 as well. I know that we now let the OR count determine our mode for otb4l my question is: If the OR count is saying mode 2 and you make your 3bet otr and the bet loses, does the 3rd bet rule go into effect?

For example; we are using otb4l and the OR count is -4. We then lose our 2bet and because of the negative OR count we go OTR for the 3bet(mode 2) and that bet loses. Should we now go to mode 3 because mode 2 lost (3rd bet rule) or do we continue to watch the OR count and let it decide the mode? If it is the ladder, then when does the 3rd bet rule override the OR count?

Sorry if I am over-thinking this and making it more complicated than it really is but as always i really appreciate the help.

• Users
I Suggest you re-read the manual and go through the example games...

- the OR Count determines which system to use: S40, F or OBT4L

- the 3rd Bet rule determines the mode...

Peter

thanks for your input PeterUK but i am referring to the new information available in the s40 mode 1 videos not the NOR manual if your could give me any insight in that regard it would be greatly appreciated

My question is mainly about otb4l but also pertains to s40 as well. I know that we now let the OR count determine our mode for otb4l my question is: If the OR count is saying mode 2 and you make your 3bet otr and the bet loses, does the 3rd bet rule go into effect?

For example; we are using otb4l and the OR count is -4. We then lose our 2bet and because of the negative OR count we go OTR for the 3bet(mode 2) and that bet loses. Should we now go to mode 3 because mode 2 lost (3rd bet rule) or do we continue to watch the OR count and let it decide the mode? If it is the ladder, then when does the 3rd bet rule override the OR count?

Sorry if I am over-thinking this and making it more complicated than it really is but as always i really appreciate the help.

Sorry godsend, I was in hospital and didn't see your question and it is a very interesting question.

We know that mode 2 is our streak mode and mode 3 is our chop mode.

We could also say that Mode 1 is our super streak mode.

Therefore a strong O/R count in either direction + or - is an equally strong decider of mode - I think stronger than the 3rd bet rule.

But, when the O/R count keeps hovering around 0, say -3 to +3 it has no authority in deciding mode and the 3rd bet rule should rule.

But even with a 0 OvR count, think about it: We have no indicator. So we are best to stay in the SAME mode. That way at least we will be right about half the time. Switching, we could be wrong every time. See that?

But once the 0/R count breaks out of jail in either direction it is the stronger mode indicator. += M3 ; - = M2 and high - = M1.

No, it won't always be right but the count mathematically makes it right most of the time which is all we need to win the shoe.

This will help eliminate that spectre when the 3rd bet rule keeps switching us to the wrong freaking mode. Going by the O/R count we are not switching modes. The count keeps us in the same mode but that mode is right most of the time - pure mathematical fact - that I should have seen long before I finally did. This GREATLY improves the overall performance of NOR because it dictates that we are in the right mode most of the time. It DOES what the 3rd bet rule is trying to do. The O/R count is a mathematical FACT while the 3rd bet rule is a historical opinion. I think if you ponder it a bit you'll see the difference.

Since you were smart enough to ask the question, you are surely smart enough to understand the answer.

Let me expound a little more on that. Since it is Thanksgiving I don't think the seminar attendees will mind. Also, I doubt that non attendees will be able to follow what I'm saying anyway.

Fact: If we were always playing the right system in the right mode NOR would virtually always win except for one shoe type - TB4L.

OK then we add the 4D counts: A high minus OvT count = TB4L adding one more valuable system to NOR. Now we win every shoe EXCEPT when we simply don't have a high count pointing to the right NOR system. But in this case we ALWAYS have a STRONGEST LOWEST 4D count. This is now our strongest system indicator and it is telling us to net bet the lowest 4D count. So with that together with the addition of TB4L we have the ENTIRE field covered rather than just most of the field.

So now we have the right system FULLY covered by the addition of the 4D count. It can't help but point directly at the right system at all times during the shoe. See that?

OK now we have no excuse: We should ALWAYS be playing the strongest system for the shoe at hand.

Now the only thing left to screw up is the MODE

BUT, NOW we have the OvR count deciding mode mechanically and mathmatically: + = M3 and - = M2; High - = M1

Guys, we have NO excuses left. We should be winning virtually every shoe because we now have ALL the bases covered. See that? Fiona is right, isn't she.

So see, I have no qualms about guaranteeing a 95% win rate to anyone who decides to learn this way of playing. Fiona is right about that too. It is probably higher than 95%. Probably much higher.

Will it be a money back guarantee? No, of course not. I can guarantee the approach. But I can't guarantee a specific player can learn the system. I can guarantee teaching but I can't guarantee learning.

A player must STILL learn NOR, then the 4D. That is easy for some but impossible for others, no matter how hard I try. Some people are just not cut out for Baccarat but most ARE if their teacher is good enough.

And as far as teaching Baccarat is concerned I have NO competition. NOBODY is in our league but us. Not even close.

Now THAT I can guarantee. I've seen the competition. So have most of you. You know too, don't you.

BTW it's 5:08 Thursday now. So Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

You know, when you get to be my age, which happens to all of us in a glimpse of time from a cosmic perspective, you start thinking in terms of goals before I die. This is not a time to be thinking in grandiose terms, but in practical terms - stuff you can really accomplish.

I have only two:

One is to write a book about my full time play in Atlantic City. Well I've gotten so far as the title "The Player" and I think I've finished the first chapter.

The second is to develop the very best possible way to play Baccarat. - Perfect Baccarat!

Well I suddenly see that I just accomplished my second goal. Granted, we don't have all the loose ends tied up but everything is quickly falling into place.

I am confident that NOR/4D is, by far, the best way this game will ever be played. I'm starting to see that clearly and I know a few of you guys are too.

Yes, it seems overly complex at first. But as you play with it, it simplifies its own self. At first glance it is too much information. But then you begin to see what information is important - what information rules in a given shoe - what we should be looking at and what it means, and then suddenly everything reveals itself. The High counts are the NOR indicators. The low counts are the net bet indicators. The other counts - the middle counts indicate what NOT to do. When the fog clears you see that it is really quite simple. You either net bet the low count or single side bet the high count using NOR. Sometimes you can do both but why over complicate it. It is like a whole new perspective on the game - the clearest most all inclusive perspective we have ever had.

In fact, the clearest perspective there is.

As some of you know and some of you were right there with me, I've been struggling with this for 30 years. Little did I know that this would be far more difficult than designing the baggage handling system at OHare. All of us who often fly have lost a bag now and then but I can guarantee you one thing - you didn't lose it at OHare.

And I can guarantee you another thing: We are getting our first glimpse at the best way this game can be played.

Sure, I'll do my very best to get everyone up to speed. But you know what: I'm going to start spending more time on goal #1. Goal #2 is virtually a done deal.