Blackjack Suggestions

There are a lot of BJ options to choose from on the site. I was just wondering what anyone thought would be the best to learn from? I'm looking for new cards head to head games 3rd base.

Currently I do well simply playing head to head with the 3 bet prog using basic strategy. But I know I will need more to be a true player. What kind of tips/tricks are covered to aid the 3rd base play in the materials on the site?

Also - is there a million dollar BJ in the works? I remember reading something about that before.

There are a lot of BJ options to choose from on the site. I was just wondering what anyone thought would be the best to learn from? I'm looking for new cards head to head games 3rd base.

Currently I do well simply playing head to head with the 3 bet prog using basic strategy. But I know I will need more to be a true player. What kind of tips/tricks are covered to aid the 3rd base play in the materials on the site?

Also - is there a million dollar BJ in the works? I remember reading something about that before.

Well, all is covered but I don't mind pointing out a few tips right here.

First, you are playing the best game there is: Head to head - Third base against NEW cards, Basic Strategy with a 3 bet negative progression.

Tips:

1. When starting, never bet more than 1 unit until you have won a hand.

2. Then, start out with a 123 or even a 112 until you demonstrate you are seldom losing 3 in a row.

3. If all goes well quickly advance to 123, 134, 146 but no higher or longer. Your object is to get to 1,4,6.

4. Best is 1, 2, 4 or 8 deck. Worst is 6 deck.

5. Keep the game head to head as much as possible because that stops clumping and good games stay good.

6. Don't play red games at all. They become unbeatable quickly because the table loads up with too many players.

7. If playing green, buy in at 12 and work in piles of 12.

8. If playing black (preferable) buy in at ten and work in piles of 10.

Double your unit whenever you have two clean piles of 10.

9. Don't split! Splits lose overall - even 8s and aces. Losing once is better than losing twice. Hit and hope.

Where are you going with an 8? The average dealer hand is 19.2.

Aces you only get one card on each Ace. What if they are 3s?

Hit! You get a free hit! You can't break on your first hit and usually not on your second either. You usually get at least 3 chances to make a good hand. But if you lose, you only lose once.

10. Watch for clumps. We even get them with new cards. They will show up in the next shoe too. But now you are prepared.

11. Do not increase your bet in a low card clump - hit to a pat hand. The dealer CAN'T break in a low card clump.

12. Double and insure with 11 against Ace. You've got the pansies on her. If she hasn't got BJ, she's probably got crap.

13. In clumped cards, double 8 against 7 with 10s running.

14. In new cards, look to double, esp after a losing hand.

15. Don't think of a lost hand as a lost hand. Think of it as an opportunity.

I could keep going all day but that should get you started on the right track.

Edited by Ellis

Well, all is covered but I don't mind pointing out a few tips right here.

First, you are playing the best game there is: Head to head - Third base against NEW cards, Basic Strategy with a 3 bet negative progression.

Tips:

1. When starting, never bet more than 1 unit until you have won a hand.

2. Then, start out with a 123 or even a 112 until you demonstrate you are seldom losing 3 in a row.

3. If all goes well quickly advance to 123, 134, 146 but no higher or longer. Your object is to get to 1,4,6.

4. Best is 1, 2, 4 or 8 deck. Worst is 6 deck.

5. Keep the game head to head as much as possible because that stops clumping and good games stay good.

6. Don't play red games at all. They become unbeatable quickly because the table loads up with too many players.

7. If playing green, buy in at 12 and work in piles of 12.

8. If playing black (preferable) buy in at ten and work in piles of 10.

Double your unit whenever you have two clean piles of 10.

9. Don't split! Splits lose overall - even 8s and aces. Losing once is better than losing twice. Hit and hope.

Where are you going with an 8? The average dealer hand is 19.2.

Aces you only get one card on each Ace. What if they are 3s?

Hit! You get a free hit! You can't break on your first hit and usually not on your second either. You usually get at least 3 chances to make a good hand. But if you lose, you only lose once.

10. Watch for clumps. We even get them with new cards. They will show up in the next shoe too. But now you are prepared.

11. Do not increase your bet in a low card clump - hit to a pat hand. The dealer CAN'T break in a low card clump.

12. Double and insure with 11 against Ace. You've got the pansies on her. If she hasn't got BJ, she's probably got crap.

13. In clumped cards, double 8 against 7 with 10s running.

14. In new cards, look to double, esp after a losing hand.

15. Don't think of a lost hand as a lost hand. Think of it as an opportunity.

I could keep going all day but that should get you started on the right track.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with thought out tips. Appreciate it.

I already have NBJ - would you recommend using that basic strategy chart (variable strategy) for 3rd base. Admittedly I do not have that down pat yet. Should I focus on that first before moving on to other materials?

Is there extra information in the WCB manual?