Well I SAID OT3 in the margin but then unfortunately I played OT2 by mistake. Then, noting the strong Player I went to F3 just in time for the shoe to go super chop. Having hit +10 I won't make a bet that could take me below +1 so I quit. Couldn't get the Mode right.

• Users

Ellis, is this shoe I don't understand the thinking on the switch to F. At the time you switched, the count was -5 and there had been 10 players to 8 bankers. What was it about the shoe which made you want to play F at that point? Also, it seems you went to OR 2 plays later.

Also, could you explain your thinking about intending to play mode 3 at the start of the shoe?

Ellis, is this shoe I don't understand the thinking on the switch to F. At the time you switched, the count was -5 and there had been 10 players to 8 bankers. What was it about the shoe which made you want to play F at that point? Also, it seems you went to OR 2 plays later.

Also, could you explain your thinking about intending to play mode 3 at the start of the shoe?

Exactly right, I completely screwed up this shoe because the prior shoe was streaky. This is a very simple basic System 40-3 shoe. I should have started with that and stayed with that and I would have hit +20 at the top of the 5 in a row and quit right there. NEVER try to go past +20 with a simple 123. Then the stupid mistake at play 11 really threw me. I remember saying to Keith: hey we just made a big mistake, we need to quit and take a break. Keith said "just play 40, it's a 40 shoe all the way." And, of course, he was exactly right.

Right, I went to F because P was strong but it wasn't THAT strong.

Whenever I play 40, I always start with 40-3 because it can ONLY lose to a 4 that doesn't go 5. This shoe had NO 4s so 40-3 wins every prog.

I screwed up what was probably the easiest shoe we had the whole trip.

There are two lessons here:

1.) Don't play when you are not in peak shape.

2.) With NOR, you can screw up and still win - just don't make a habit of it.

BTW, you couldn't understand my thinking because I WASN'T thinking.

Edited by Guest

• Users

Thank you for the response, and being available to teach through your experiences. BTW, I can completely relate to the comment about "not THINKING." We all seem to do that from time to time, and it SO OBVIOUS when looking at the card after getting away from the tables.

Thank you for the response, and being available to teach through your experiences. BTW, I can completely relate to the comment about "not THINKING." We all seem to do that from time to time, and it SO OBVIOUS when looking at the card after getting away from the tables.

Right! We all always win the shoe the second time around.