Hi, wonder if Ellis or other member can help to clarify some doubts I have on the Mode.

1. How do you determine what mode to start off?

2. Am I right to say that for S40, if it is mode 3, say the play now is BPBPB, we bet P1 but B comes out. We bet P2 and B comes out again. what do we bet next and what amount?

If it's mode 2, what do we bet next?

3. For OBT4L, how do we determine mode and what do they mean?

Thanks

Hi, wonder if Ellis or other member can help to clarify some doubts I have on the Mode.

2. Am I right to say that for S40, if it is mode 3, say the play now is BPBPB, we bet P1 but B comes out. We bet P2 and B comes out again. what do we bet next and what amount?

Thanks

OK, I see James is getting right into the swing of things quick.

Especially when starting play for the day, you are best to start off mid shoe at the most biased table you can find. You don't really care if that bias is chop, streak or neutral - you just want a clear bias and since you have 3 choices, such tables are usually not hard to find. Table selection is extremely important and you will get better at it with practice. You will get to the point where you can judge the quality of a tote board W/O even breaking stride down the isle.

The BIGGEST mistake players make is jumping in the first empty seat they see W/O regard for the quality of the shoe. Table selection is the first thing that separates the pros from the amateurs. The sooner you start thinking and acting like a pro, the sooner you will start winning consistently. So when some jerk ducks under your arm to grab the seat you were appraising, just let it go. He's about to lose all his money.

Why do I bring this up now when your question is about Mode selection? Because when you start mid shoe, you can determine the correct Mode before you even sit down.

For S40 (a choppy tote board) You want to look at 3s vs 4+s (4 or mores)

3s are equal to 4+s long term but which is ahead on the tote board at hand? If you are seeing more 3s than 4+ You start in Mode 3. If 4+s are ahead you start in Mode 2. Once you understand WHY we do this it will become second nature to you why we start mid shoe this way. And once in the game, you can go by the 3rd bet rule in your manual.

OTB4L is the same except now you are looking at 4s vs 5+s.

High in 4s = Mode 3

High in 5+s = Mode 2

BTW, if in either system your counts are equal, select Mode 2 because it is cheaper. Mode 2 can never get to a 4 bet, but Mode 3 can.

Your best situation is strong Mode 2 tote boards. Given enough tables, you may want to only select such tables.

Another advantage of Mode 2 tables is they give you the option of moving up to the 345 prog while the 345 is not recommended in Mode 3.

Now, if you are starting before the tote board has determined mode, you are better off starting in Mode 2 because it keeps your bets lower than mode 3.

I know that sounds a lot for your first day and you probably won't be able to follow my reasoning just yet. But once you have had a chance at a little practice, go back and read this reply again. Everything SOUNDS harder in writing than it really is in actual practice.

Whenever we attempt an OTR bet, win or lose, our next bet is always 1 unit. In mode 3 we only make 1 OTR attempt and then go back to our regular system with a 1 bet.

In Mode 2 if we win our OTR bet we make one more OTR attempt. Then, win or lose we go back to our regular system with a 1 bet. Again, the fog will dissipate with a little practice.

Edited by Guest

Thanks

Hi, Just a thought for your question 2.. if its going BPBPB and we using S40 we are not gonna be caught in any mode since you are already winning every hand right? and since its a Win, we should be sticking to 1 unit bets. Am I right?

Hi, Just a thought for your question 2.. if its going BPBPB and we using S40 we are not gonna be caught in any mode since you are already winning every hand right? and since its a Win, we should be sticking to 1 unit bets. Am I right?

Correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!