Crazy Mode switching. Is this the correct play?

• Users
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2626[/ATTACH]

Ok is this the right way to play these S40 hands?

OK...You started off in S40M2 and your 3rd bet won so you remain in M2 after making one more OTR bet which lost

Your scorecard 7 bet is really your 2nd bet in the sequence because you don't count your OTR bet of 1 unit as part of the sequence...You should have bet an opposite ( B ) which is a winner and you continue in M2 betting opposites

You go OTR at 10 after 2 losses and it also loses (your 3rd bet) which switches you to M3

At 12 ...your 2nd bet wins (should have been Bank) while in M3... but being only your 2nd bet it makes no difference which mode you are in

Twice...at 7 and 12...you mistakingy bet OTR after only 1 losing opposite bet...

Hope this helps

Oz

Also you lost you 2nd OTR bet which I think you shouldn't have attempted it again later on... post-6572-14500261599598_thumb.jpg This is not a S40 shoe which likes lots of 1's & 2s... I would have quit if I lost 3 iar at the beginning because I didn't do enough observations but In this case it scores -4 units. It's probably a F3 with this sample as there are 2's on weak side P and scores about 5 units from play 2.. And if you started later with more info, you could try OBT4L M3 (likes 2s & 3s) and scores about 5 units from play 6/7

post-6572-14500261978823_thumb.jpg

Hey Peter!

Thanks for you reply and helping me notice I'm using the wrong system. this sort of happened around play 12 of a game that I started in S40 here's the chart. I started at play 8 with P 21211 being what I was going by. an +OR not very high by +1 and 3 - 1s and 2 -2s. And then at play 9-4B's iar and play 13 - 6P's iar. I just want to be sure I was playing it right and I wasn't. lol. I left the shoe up +4 though although I would have rather played it right.

P 212124611

B 114311252

B 411411223311

Oh and I see that on you picture Play 11 - You switched bak to a P bet? Even though you're OTR in Mode 2? Is that correct? if so is it because in the last OTR we lost that 2nd bet so this time we are betting what happened last??

• Users
Ok so here's my corrected play per. Oz's reply. Let me know what you think.

[ATTACH]2628[/ATTACH]

100% correct regarding S40 play and mode selection

I wasn't trying to tell you which system to play...better to get your questions answered and get you playing S40 correctly

Nice work

Oz

100% correct regarding S40 play and mode selection I wasn't trying to tell you which system to play...better to get your questions answered and get you playing S40 correctly Nice work Oz

Yes, agree with Ozscouser, a simple mind is best and getting the play right... sometimes I think too far ahead... One must have a firm foundation with the basics ;-)

• Users
Also you lost you 2nd OTR bet which I think you shouldn't have attempted it again later on...]Hey mate...I think that you may have grabbed the wrong end of the stick...He didn't attempt a 2nd OTR bet...He was back to betting opposites ...At play 7 ...he should have still been betting opposites which would have been a Bank bet.

Either way...his bet at play 8 was an opposite not OTR...

You might also want to double check your 11 bet on Player...I'm thinking that you should have been betting opposites which would put your 11 bet on Bank...You hit a winner...but it was by default

Happy betting

Oz/COLOR][/COL [ATTACH]2627[/ATTACH] This is not a S40 shoe which likes lots of 1's & 2s... I would have quit if I lost 3 iar at the beginning because I didn't do enough observations but In this case it scores -4 units. It's probably a F3 with this sample as there are 2's on weak side P and scores about 5 units from play 2.. And if you started later with more info, you could try OBT4L M3 (likes 2s & 3s) and scores about 5 units from play 6/7

A word of caution about hopping on the F3 F2 Bandwagon too often...Yes ...there is a place for the F system...but not all that often... A really top F shoe is a licence to count money and easy as pie to play (as Ellis says..."Try to stay awake")

This small sample is an obvious OTB4L shoe ...but it's always easy to see it when it's printed out in front of you...I would have played it as OTB4L after the sample...but whether it stays an OTB4L shoe is what we have to watch out for

Oz

Agreed Oz, I wouldn't play F often and my response was based on a small sample based on his original post... I would have played NOR+ OBT4L M3 U1D2 ;-)

Please re-look at my play - I did not say Play 8 was OTR and yes, I made an error in Play 11 which should have been bank, spur of the moment and we make mistakes... Peace :)

Oz, We do appreciate your knowledge and expertise...