question about F2/F3?

Guest 400pounddaddy

Guest 400pounddaddy

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and have spent the last 3 weeks reading...and more reading. There is so much to take in.

I have a "new member" type question.

I am curious as to why F2 is the alternate system in Maverick. Is F2 the system of choice when faced with an abundance of sporadic ones? I'm currently trying to play new cards in the morning shift and sporadic ones are making OTB4L a little hard to play.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

Edited by 400pounddaddy

• Users
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and have spent the last 3 weeks reading...and more reading. There is so much to take in.

I have a "new member" type question.

I am curious as to why F2 is the alternate system in Maverick. Is F2 the system of choice when faced with an abundance of sporadic ones? I'm currently trying to play new cards in the morning shift and sporadic ones are making OTB4L a little hard to play.

Yes F2 will beat sporadic 1's

F2 likes: (Beats)

Minus R/N counts

Sporadic ones

Long Straight runs

ZZ runs

High Player/Bank disparity

F2 dislikes:

Plus R/N counts

Choppy shoes

2 in a rows on the weak side

Hope this helps.

PJ

Hello everyone.

Hi and welcome aboard!! As you've mentioned, reading up on everything is a very important step in getting up to speed on what there is to offer here.

Anyway, in the first message in Mark's Maverick play tutorial it says....

"Once you see that RD1 is struggling, say your score is floating between -4 to +4 or say you score goes back and hits 0 a few times, and/or you hit that 1221 pattern, don't forget to ask yourself these 3 questions:

1. What is the Player/Banker Disparity? This is often the most over looked. Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees. Many times if RD1 is struggling, staying and betting on the side that has the greater disparity is the easiest answer. Thats because usually there are sporadic 1's. So just stay on the side that has the greater disparity recently. Its simply F2.

How to play F2: You simply follow under 2 in a row. You bet under the first 2 and stay on that side until the other side has a run of 2. Then you follow that 2. But once you change to a side you must stay on that side for a minimum of 3 bets. If you win that 3rd bet STAY on that side. That's it! The 3 bet rule protects you from the TT's.

In our case, Simply stated you follow the side that has the greater disparity or thats stronger. For example, say thats the Player side. Stay on the Player side until you lose two in a row, or even three in a row, depending on the weak sides history. Then switch to Banker. *But once you change to a side you must stay on that side for a Min of 3 bets. And if you win that 3rd bet STAY on that side. The 3 bet rule protects you from those 22's or Terrible Two's.

Basically he's saying that if RD1/H isn't working then either F2 or F3 will be working, among other things. Although Maverick is supposed to start running RD1/H, there are times when several of us have just hit the shoe running F2 until the shoe settles into something else. Sometimes it's the only starting play!

Also, don't feel alone about being new, lost and looking for answers. We've ALL been there, trust me! With that said, the answers will generally show up as soon as anyone sees the questions.

Maverick is one of the top system plays now and we have different people in different camps for different systems. Good luck with the ones you choose and feel free to ask up questions.

MVS (Maverick player)

Guest 400pounddaddy
Hi and welcome aboard!! As you've mentioned, reading up on everything is a very important step in getting up to speed on what there is to offer here.

Anyway, in the first message in Mark's Maverick play tutorial it says....

"Once you see that RD1 is struggling, say your score is floating between -4 to +4 or say you score goes back and hits 0 a few times, and/or you hit that 1221 pattern, don't forget to ask yourself these 3 questions:

1. What is the Player/Banker Disparity? This is often the most over looked. Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees. Many times if RD1 is struggling, staying and betting on the side that has the greater disparity is the easiest answer. Thats because usually there are sporadic 1's. So just stay on the side that has the greater disparity recently. Its simply F2.

How to play F2: You simply follow under 2 in a row. You bet under the first 2 and stay on that side until the other side has a run of 2. Then you follow that 2. But once you change to a side you must stay on that side for a minimum of 3 bets. If you win that 3rd bet STAY on that side. That's it! The 3 bet rule protects you from the TT's.

In our case, Simply stated you follow the side that has the greater disparity or thats stronger. For example, say thats the Player side. Stay on the Player side until you lose two in a row, or even three in a row, depending on the weak sides history. Then switch to Banker. *But once you change to a side you must stay on that side for a Min of 3 bets. And if you win that 3rd bet STAY on that side. The 3 bet rule protects you from those 22's or Terrible Two's.

Basically he's saying that if RD1/H isn't working then either F2 or F3 will be working, among other things. Although Maverick is supposed to start running RD1/H, there are times when several of us have just hit the shoe running F2 until the shoe settles into something else. Sometimes it's the only starting play!

Also, don't feel alone about being new, lost and looking for answers. We've ALL been there, trust me! With that said, the answers will generally show up as soon as anyone sees the questions.

Maverick is one of the top system plays now and we have different people in different camps for different systems. Good luck with the ones you choose and feel free to ask up questions.

MVS (Maverick player)

You know I've re-read you post and I think I over looked part of your very detailed answer.

"But once you change to a side you must stay on that side for a Min of 3 bets. And if you win that 3rd bet STAY on that side. The 3 bet rule protects you from those 22's or Terrible Two's."

How long do I stay on the side that won the 3rd bet? For another further 3 circles? If I don't and the TT contine than I am stuck again aren't I? Please advice MVS.

You know I've re-read you post and I think I over looked part of your very detailed answer.How long do I stay on the side that won the 3rd bet? For another further 3 circles? If I don't and the TT contine than I am stuck again aren't I? Please advice MVS.

That's an easy one. If it's winning, stay on it! Once you've made the "third bet" you've satisfied the requirement of the first switch so it's back to "normal" F2 play from there. Once you've won the 3rd bet, you just stay there until something else that looks better shows up and that's usually the RD1/H play coming back in after three events without a one or a run of 4 or more on either side. Me? If F2 is winning big, I'll tend to stay with it until a solid loss of three in a row, even with the "three event lookback".

Where we all ran into some confusion was when making the FIRST switch after losing two bets on one side, that first time you switch, you bet it for THREE times, even if it's losing. All other bets on that side then go back to normal F2 play.

Of course if you lost PP BBB you've now lost 5 in a row and it's time to look at something else to run with, assuming you were on Maverick's play. Looks like it might be time to go back to RD1/H in that case unless there is something else really shouting to play it. If it's really ugly and you can't make up your mind, sit out the next few hands until you see what looks like a good place to re-enter the shoe.

The general consensus is that you can't be losing if you're sitting on your hands waiting for the restart point!

Hit a quick +6 tonight at BPH running strictly F2 right from the start. The video got weird shortly after I started and I exited after only 9 hands played. Straight F2 on Bank for the win.

Hope this helps.