Movable stop/loss Works ECD Group February 28th, 2013

• Users

An update on my progress...I am currently averaging 10.8 units won from all shoes played...and yes...that does take into account all losing shoes as well. I expect this to reduce some...but at that rate I sure have plenty of room to move.

I'm playing very conservatively keeping an eagle eye on that STOP/LOSS figure and I seem to have fine tuned a method of play that suits my lack of gumption but still gives me a chance to clean up on those really good shoes.

At the very beginning of the shoe ...if it's not running well...I refuse to make a 4 bet that takes me to the -8 stop/loss...rather I wait until I see a winning hand and then resume progression but returning to a 1 bet etc ...my reasoning being that I get at least 2 shots of staying in the game.

If I reach the +8 ...I don't stop playing...I am willing to accept a minimum of +5 which gives me a minimum of 2 more bets to see how the shoe is progressing. If it goes well I use a movable stop/loss...first +8...then +12 etc

Using this fairly conservative method I have reached a best shoe of +30 which I think is pretty cool considering that the very worst I could do was a +5 for the shoe (after an initial good start)...Minimum risk for maximum gain

Anyway...Someone may poke holes in my line of reasoning...but "HEY"...it works for me...especially since I bloody hate those damn 4 bets...especially early on

Hi, Oz1,

Good ideas for playing a tight game format.

Using NOR and the 112 or 123 or U1D2 schedules can often turn even weak shoes into mild winning shoes at the very least!

Those horrible (-8) losing shoes are rare if using NOR with a clear thinking process.

Also, very good idea to protect your stop loss points - so you can fire off at least two sets of 3 bets before hitting (-8). That is why I prefer 112 to start until I am at least +3 or better.

And I look to exit asap at +5 after 2 losses on winning shoes.

Daytrader77459

An update on my progress...I am currently averaging 10.8 units won from all shoes played...and yes...that does take into account all losing shoes as well. I expect this to reduce some...but at that rate I sure have plenty of room to move.

I'm playing very conservatively keeping an eagle eye on that STOP/LOSS figure and I seem to have fine tuned a method of play that suits my lack of gumption but still gives me a chance to clean up on those really good shoes.

At the very beginning of the shoe ...if it's not running well...I refuse to make a 4 bet that takes me to the -8 stop/loss...rather I wait until I see a winning hand and then resume progression but returning to a 1 bet etc ...my reasoning being that I get at least 2 shots of staying in the game.

If I reach the +8 ...I don't stop playing...I am willing to accept a minimum of +5 which gives me a minimum of 2 more bets to see how the shoe is progressing. If it goes well I use a movable stop/loss...first +8...then +12 etc

Using this fairly conservative method I have reached a best shoe of +30 which I think is pretty cool considering that the very worst I could do was a +5 for the shoe (after an initial good start)...Minimum risk for maximum gain

Anyway...Someone may poke holes in my line of reasoning...but "HEY"...it works for me...especially since I bloody hate those damn 4 bets...especially early on

No, your reassoning is fine except for one thing:

I expect this to reduce some...

Don't be saying that and don't be thinking that and don't be expecting that....or it WILL!

• Users
Hi, Oz1,

Good ideas for playing a tight game format.

Using NOR and the 112 or 123 or U1D2 schedules can often turn even weak shoes into mild winning shoes at the very least!

Those horrible (-8) losing shoes are rare if using NOR with a clear thinking process.

Also, very good idea to protect your stop loss points - so you can fire off at least two sets of 3 bets before hitting (-8). That is why I prefer 112 to start until I am at least +3 or better.

And I look to exit asap at +5 after 2 losses on winning shoes.

Daytrader77459

Thanks heaps for that idea my friend...It appeals to my conservative nature

Oz

• Keith Smith changed the title to Movable stop/loss Works ECD Group February 28th, 2013