OR count determination for System selection - need help...

Hi All,

I just finished a shoe at the Sands in PA and need help with a few questions.

1. First off, the shoe started out as a nice F shoe and went progressively negative to minus 8 and hovered between -4 and -8. Then towards the end of the shoe it started going more positive into the -2 to +2 range (OTB4L). At what point do you switch modes since if I stayed in F all profit would have been given back?

2. Is there a general rule of thumb at the beginning of a shoe on what minimum OR count should hit before selecting a System to play?

The S40 sample shoe starts right out going positive and climbs steadily to +5; the F sample shoe starts out negative and progresses steadily more negative to -12 in the first column; and the OTB4L sample shoe starts a nice bounce between -1 to +1 confirming its play then get into a steady +5 or so mid-shoe which would indicate swithing to S40, correct?

Glenn

Regards,

Glenn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration...do your homework" Thomas A. Edison

Hi All,

1. First off, the shoe started out as a nice F shoe and went progressively negative to minus 8 and hovered between -4 and -8. Then towards the end of the shoe it started going more positive into the -2 to +2 range (OTB4L). At what point do you switch modes since if I stayed in F all profit would have been given back?

2. Is there a general rule of thumb at the beginning of a shoe on what minimum OR count should hit before selecting a System to play?

The S40 sample shoe starts right out going positive and climbs steadily to +5; the F sample shoe starts out negative and progresses steadily more negative to -12 in the first column; and the OTB4L sample shoe starts a nice bounce between -1 to +1 confirming its play then get into a steady +5 or so mid-shoe which would indicate swithing to S40, correct?

Glenn

Glenn

If you are near the end of the shoe and have a profit and the shoes starts to change QUIT.

At that point don't be concerned as to what system to switch to.

Take your profit and find another table or wait for a new shoe, there is no need to play till the end of the shoe.

• Like 1

Norm A

FOLLOW THE SHOE

WHEN IN DOUBT WAIT IT OUT

Thanks NormA,

I hear ya - and yes I was up for that shoe.

But what happens when the OR count shifts early on? I'm still a bit concerned as to what the OR ranges are for implementing the S40, F or OTB4L since there seems to be a bit of overlap in the sample shoes - especially the OTB4L.

Unfortunately for me, I rarely have the good fortune to sit in mid-shoe to see the history of the way the current shoe is progressing since once a game is started all the seats are filled forcing me to start at a new table / shoe.

Any pointers you can give me?

Glenn

Regards,

Glenn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration...do your homework" Thomas A. Edison

Thanks NormA,

I hear ya - and yes I was up for that shoe.

But what happens when the OR count shifts early on? I'm still a bit concerned as to what the OR ranges are for implementing the S40, F or OTB4L since there seems to be a bit of overlap in the sample shoes - especially the OTB4L.

Unfortunately for me, I rarely have the good fortune to sit in mid-shoe to see the history of the way the current shoe is progressing since once a game is started all the seats are filled forcing me to start at a new table / shoe.

Any pointers you can give me?

Glenn

Sorry Glenn I can't help you with that as I don't use an OR count or any other count, except SAP when I play, so I don't have clue.

Norm A

FOLLOW THE SHOE

WHEN IN DOUBT WAIT IT OUT

• Legacy Players
Hi All,

Glenn

Hi Glen ,

I think that when the o/r count is hovering between any 2 values with a spread of about 4 or less it is indicating that this part of the shoe is OTB4L.and if you glance at your scorecard in this section, you may see a lot of singles and 2 iars. The trick is to catch the 2 iar's early enough, something like 10's in

blackjack. I am still working on it .

Wendel.

Thanks Wendel,

I was starting to notice the same thing (+2 to -2 hovering for OTB4L).

Hopefully, I'd be near my WG by then, but my concern is whether to then stay the course (if in F or S40) or switch to OTB4L.

Glenn

Regards,

Glenn

• Legacy Players
Thanks Wendel,

I was starting to notice the same thing (+2 to -2 hovering for OTB4L).

Hopefully, I'd be near my WG by then, but my concern is whether to then stay the course (if in F or S40) or switch to OTB4L.

Glenn

I think that the following thread may address some of your concerns.

Question about new starting rules