Las Vegas Baccarat Crawl August 2014 Vegas

• Baccarat Hall of Fame Member

GREAT U-tuber, Keith! Each one gets better-and-better...

But...

Back in June of 2011, I posted a thread called "Why Not bet Others Money"

At the time, Ellis seemed to believe it was not such a good idea, and I came to understand how/why by actually trying it for myself ( read the thread...)

Here we are 3 years later and seems suddenly like a good idea?

I'm all about having a" party bus" kind of good time (they dont put those poles in there for no good reason!), but not sure what has changed about the basic concept of pooling of funds?

Would be interested in THE CRAWL participants' thoughts?

Good luck to all! And like Mom said, always keep a little " mad money" tucked away where someone else is unlikely to go looking for it...you just never know when that special itch might need scratching...

GREAT U-tuber, Keith! Each one gets better-and-better...

But...

Back in June of 2011, I posted a thread called "Why Not bet Others Money"

At the time, Ellis seemed to believe it was not such a good idea, and I came to understand how/why by actually trying it for myself ( read the thread...)

Here we are 3 years later and seems suddenly like a good idea?

I'm all about having a" party bus" kind of good time (they dont put those poles in there for no good reason!), but not sure what has changed about the basic concept of pooling of funds?

Would be interested in THE CRAWL participants' thoughts?

Good luck to all! And like Mom said, always keep a little " mad money" tucked away where someone else is unlikely to go looking for it...you just never know when that special itch might need scratching...

Well right. I just thought more might go if they knew a pro could play for them since most don't know MDB+ yet.

BUT, pros don't tie their own hands by promising to play ONE specific system. THAT was the mistake. Pros keep their options. THAT is what makes them pros.

By the way, I kept my eye on net betting and it would have done OK most of the time. But I didn't have that option during the crawl unfortunately because I was too dumb to give myself that option.

The reason I say don't play other people's money is because you tend to play different - more conservative - too conservative.

I was thinking since MDB+ is purely mechanical - why not? But I quickly found out wht not. Sat there watching two perfectly good +20 NOR shoes go by.

Could you give us the results of the Crawl. Sounds as though it wasn't too successful...

Yes, please post any videos of the trip.

Looks like a blast...also, please post your results. Win or Lose overall...

Played portions of 8 shoes. Won 6; lost 2. Net +18 units. Details in MDB forum.

Well done way2fast!

My group was there longer so we played more shoes.

From the private MDB forum:

MDB+ played 20 shoes:

Lost 3 at -5: 2 of the losers were touch games (new preshuffled) Wish I had played NOR these 3.

Won 17 averaging +8 - all were no touch (used preshuffled) Glad I wasn't playing NOR these 17.

NOR - played 5 and won 4. (Friday)

The losing shoe was -5 and the 4 winners averaged +7.

The lesson learned on the 3 MDB+ losers was don't tie your hands by deciding tp play a certain system before you see the shoe. Let the shoe determine what system to play. The 3 losers were decidedly NOR shoes. I should have switched to NOR.

So, so far we are looking at about a 75% shoe win rate playing MDB+ against preshuffled

cards. That is the highest Baccarat shoe win rate of all time.

Strangly we lost the first 2 MDB+ shoes and the last shoe. So we won 17 in a row.

And, going by our results, also strangely, we did significantly better with used preshuffled (no touch) than with new preshuffled (touch).

Blackjack (my first love)

I saved Sunday night for BJ

I love to play BJ downtown because it is traditional hand shuffled BJ - the game I learned on.

Played single deck, 2 deck, 4 deck, 6 deck and even 8 deck - about 45-50 shoes on a dozen tables.

Won every table and almost every shoe.

Mostly it was just Keith and I playing so we could play VERY fast. (Binions and Golden Nugget)