NOR Manual Question

Here's a quote from the NOR Manual that I think is either a typo or incomplete.

Can anyone shed some light in this.

"In Mode 2, when we go OTR we stay OTR for 2 bets if our first OTR bet won. But win or lose that second bet we then go right back to opposites always with a 1 bet"

It's the "if our first bet won" part that is confusing me.

Should that say "even if our first bet wins." Meaning: regardless of the first OTR bet outcome we will make 2 OTR bets in Mode 2?

It's a little confusing. Can someone clarify?

Thanks!!

Mode 3 is only one bet on the run- win or lose, you should go back to mode 2 - 1,2,3 4. You are trying to protect your bankroll and limit your risk.

A. It really doesn’t matter much if you make your first OTR a 0 bet after losing a 1,2. If your 0

won you are in Mode 2. If it lost you are in Mode 3. But only use this device when you have no

idea of Mode.

• Users
Here's a quote from the NOR Manual that I think is either a typo or incomplete.

Can anyone shed some light in this.

"In Mode 2, when we go OTR we stay OTR for 2 bets if our first OTR bet won. But win or lose that second bet we then go right back to opposites always with a 1 bet"

It's the "if our first bet won" part that is confusing me.

Should that say "even if our first bet wins." Meaning: regardless of the first OTR bet outcome we will make 2 OTR bets in Mode 2?

It's a little confusing. Can someone clarify?

Thanks!!

OK ...You are talking S40 M2...You bet on the run after 2 losing opposite bets...If it wins...you stay on the run for another bet because in Mode 2 you get on the run quite early...If your first bet on the run loses (your 3rd bet) you go right back to betting opposites. If you stayed on the run and your 2nd bet on the run lost...then don't try the same tactic next time. (staying on the run for 2 bets didn't pan out so let the shoe be your guide and don't expect it to change next time) After your 2nd bet on the run ...you go right back to betting opposites whether you won or lost your 2nd on the run bet.

If you won your first on the run bet then your 3rd bet won so that shows you are in the right mode (3rd bet is your guide to modes)

If your first on the run bet lost (3rd bet)...you change modes to mode 3 (but Mode 3 doesn't take effect until you have 2 losing opposite bets in a row...Mode 3 tells you to bet one more opposite bet and if it loses...then bet once on the run before returning to betting opposites

Hope I didn't make it too complicated

Oz

I agree with ozscouser1

ok so s40 Mode 2

P B

O 1

O 2

3 O

Here you are playing S40 Mode 2 Chop

- Go OTR for 1 bet

- Then go the OPPOSITE Of whatever WON

OR

P B

O 1

O 2

3 O

->1

????

Here you are playing/switching to OTB4L Mode 2-1, this may happen because your OR count is Neutral.

- You go OTR for 1 bet only Win/Lose

- Resume OTB4L (betting Opposite after a Repeat or betting a Repeat after an Opposite)

In your first OTR attempt you can bet a 0 (zero) or 1 to determine whether you are in the right mode...

Also you can do the same for your 2nd OTR bet after you Win your 1st OTR bet... if your 2nd OTR bet doesn't work, you don't do it again... and stick with S40 Mode 2 Chop - you are basically testing/investigating the shoe to see what it's telling/showing you... as Ellis says, why take risks? You can also use Progression in a Progression when in OTR... all this is explained in the manual... read it over many times... it's almost like reading the Bible and you'll learn something new/understand things better every time you do...

One of the things that has helped me to understand all this is to make your own notes from reading the NOR Manual, Forum and Bootcamp in a little notebook, pieces of paper and etc, to organise your thoughts... also play a lot of practice games, continue to ask question (there are no silly ones... others may be thinking the same), and give your brain some time to mull over it... don't rush... don't stress... making mistakes is fine and you'll learn from them, and be POSITIVE! :cool:

Hope this Helps,

Peter