Live Practice Session Tuesday March 15th at 8PM PST

3 hours ago, Keith Smith said:

If anyone wants to be a participant instead of just watching let me know and I will send you the presenters link You will need a cam and a mic

@mookie anyone else?

Should be good to go.  That's 9:00 my time (Mountain Daylight Time), 10 Central and 11 Eastern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Keith Smith changed the title to Live Practice Session Tuesday March 15th at 8PM PST

Quick post here... but those of you with the app, experiment with the settings. If you watch the video, @Keith Smith has the 7D bar settings set to 2 of 3.

I just ran through the shoe above with the 7D settings at 4 of 4 and there was quite a difference!

Check out the video, on the 2 of 3 setting, the DRs (Derived Recommendations) hovered around zero and ended up at +2

On 4 of 4...   +8 on the High Disparity Derived Recommendation with a 68% hit rate (hit rates are coming in an update in early April 2022).

I'm beginning to like the 4 of 4 setting... we've said 2 of 3 all along but... with research and experience, we may find other settings work better. Or work better for specific shoe types.

Thanks all!

image.png    image.png

imagebmp.bmp

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 6:35 PM, XDN said:

Quick post here... but those of you with the app, experiment with the settings. If you watch the video, @Keith Smith has the 7D bar settings set to 2 of 3.

I just ran through the shoe above with the 7D settings at 4 of 4 and there was quite a difference!

Check out the video, on the 2 of 3 setting, the DRs (Derived Recommendations) hovered around zero and ended up at +2

On 4 of 4...   +8 on the High Disparity Derived Recommendation with a 68% hit rate (hit rates are coming in an update in early April 2022).

I'm beginning to like the 4 of 4 setting... we've said 2 of 3 all along but... with research and experience, we may find other settings work better. Or work better for specific shoe types.

Thanks all!

image.png    image.png

imagebmp.bmp 537.08 kB · 7 downloads

Eric   How did you make your selection….by using the dashboard as above or 7D results

On 3/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, Keith Smith said:

Ye sit's 8pm tonight I'm sorry had to bump it to tonight.  It will also be recorded

On 3/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, Keith Smith said:

Ye sit's 8pm tonight I'm sorry had to bump it to tonight.  It will also be recorded

Keith….who is Greg in the video?  I would like to follow him….Scooter

Hi @Scooter This is one of those "A picture is worth a 1000 words" times :) I did have a typo in the original quoted post from above....i'll explain that 

Here are my settings for 3 of 3 and 4 of 4, interestingly, both had the same number of wins for Hi DSP....but 4 of 4 had a massive hit rate of 75%. In other words, with 4 of 4 the player would have used fewer bets to get the same units.

This is why I say test the settings. Each and every single shoe will be different. It's very much worth the time to test shoes with different settings to become skilled at identifying different shoe types. The fewer bets you have to risk by putting a chip on the table to win that 8 bets the better....at least for my personality.

and lets examine commission....

3 of 3 - The total number of bets was 23. If we assume 1/2 of those bets were banker (just for example) and the unit size was $25 that would be 11 banker bets (I rounded down).  11 X $25 X .05(commission) = $13.75 commission.

4 of 4 - Total bets = 16. 1/2 of them banker = 8 bankers.   7 x$25 X .05 = $10

Not huge but bump that up to $100 unit size

3 of 3 - 11 x $100 x .05 = $55 commission

4 of 4 = 7 x 100 x .05 = $35 commission.

The app gives you enough settings that you can play your style....but you need to test. Do you want to make fewer bets. In the case above, 4 of 4 was more efficient. It won't always happen this way, but if you get used to testing with different settings, it'll help you be able to quickly change them to "scan" the shoe for the best settings.

Here is a screenshot of my settings for 3 of 3 and 4 of 4

3 of 3 settings total bets = 23, result +8

image.png    image.png

4 of 4 settings 16 bets, result +8

image.png  image.png

• Like 1

@Scooter My suggestion for the dashboard selection is twofold.

1. Jump on SBI and play 10 shoes "on paper." - Why? There are no "set rules" for anything in baccarat. Forcing an arbitrary set of "rules" on your play will limit you to 50/50 because EVERYTHING is 50/50 in baccarat except finding the current anomaly :) ANY set of rules you have will be 50% (generally)

2. Some shoes, all the Derived Recommendations on the dashboard follow each other. Other shoes, 1 will be better than the rest. If one is working, I'll consider it more heavily and bounce from one to the other.

Remember, the app shows you what is currently working... don't get bogged down in what WAS working.

When I play, I keep an eye on derived recommendations, if one is working better than the other, I'll consider it more heavily. If they all are following lockstep, I'll consider them heavily when they match. I also check 7D/7D+ for those big anomalies that occur. Finally, most of the time I keep score so I'm checking ST and either using it to validate Dashboard bets or making sure I get on strong side.

If this is sounding like "The 10 best app bets," (if I may steal that phrase :) ).... it is EXACTLY like that. Hmmm good idea.... here are a few in no particular order....

(DR = Derived Recommendations aka Dashboard Recommendations)

***USE THE HIT RATES TO ANALYZE WHAT IS CURRENTLY WORKING*****

- 7D(+)     When you I see a single disparity group difference, think   O7 vs R7, I love those. The longer ones (O7/R7, O8/R8 etc...  tend to stay strong UNTIL shoe changes.

- DR          If the shoe presents all DRs working in lockstep, I'll consider that. If one is beating the others, I'll consider the one that is winning and change as necessary.

- DR/V87  Many times these can have anomalous/very high hit rates. When I see a V87 recommendation, I REALLY pay attention to it and check hit rates to verify it's working.

- ST          Strong Side/Weak side scores - You can't beat a good strong side. If I see one, I jump to it.

- High Hit Rates     I'm always looking at the hit rates. If any of the derived recommendations have high hit rates, I'm considering those first. I don't care which one and I have no hesitation to move from one DR to another to get on the working one.

- "In Jail" Hit Rates  when derived recommendations are hovering around zero. When they keep going back to zero, I consider that too. This would be a "reversion to the mean" shoe. They are not as easy, and IMHO not as good of a bet as the others that find a "running" trend. But if a DR has been going from 2 back to zero the whole shoe, you can wait for it to hit 2 then play for a reversion back to zero.

****I'll post this in an app related thread, this is some good guidance for using the app*****

• Like 1